Friday 27 October 2017

Funny To A Point – 23 Strange Curios From The Game Informer Office

It's easy to get so wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life that you stop noticing the things around you. That's why every now and then I like to stop and smell the proverbial roses – to take a break, clear my mind, and observe the wondrous world around me. Unfortunately, sometimes those breaks happen in the G.I. office.

Make no mistake, Game Informer is a very cool place to work. But it's also a very weird place. While I don't actually have any experience in a normal business office that I can compare to G.I., I assume they are very different working environments. Sure, your co-workers may adorn their workspaces with photos or the occasional bauble, but how many deadly weapons does your office have? Because I can count five just from where I'm sitting.

Rather than selfishly keep this hoard of curiosities to myself, however, I thought I'd share it with my dear readers by taking you all on an exclusive behind-the-scenes photo tour. So without further ado, here's a collection of Game Informer's own Stranger Things from around office. (Because season two of Stranger Things is out today. Get it? Whatever – onto the feature!)

Strange Curio #1: Disappointed Dracula
Good ol' Dracula is one of the first things you see when you get to the G.I. office, and he answers an important life question: Where do you stick a ridiculously gigantic Lords Of Shadow 2 statue? That answer is "Wherever it will fit," which in our case was the strange unused hallway outside our office door. Dracula's expression is appropriately emo, but some joker in the office gave it a hidden layer of meaning by placing our review of Lords of Shadow 2 review on his lap. Talk about a low blow!

Strange Curio #2: Bathroom Shepard
Normally I'd wait a little longer before delving into potty humor in a feature, but the abruptness is apt in this case. This framed picture of our Mass Effect 3 cover hangs directly across from the toilet in one of G.I.'s bathrooms, and Shepard's steely stare is creepy as all get-out when you're trying to do your business. Clearly someone else thought so too, hence the word bubble. Who is this anonymous joker? One thing is for sure – they have nice penmanship!

Strange Curio #3: Poison Bucket
I'm not sure why we have a poison bucket in the G.I. office, or why anyone would ever want a poison bucket in the first place. It really seems like a poorly conceived product. At least it's good to know that if we ever find ourselves with an unruly amount of poison, we have a bucket to store it in?

Strange Curio #4: Stinky The Hutt
"Stinky" is technically the nickname Ahsoka Tano gave Jabba The Hutt's son in Cartoon Star Wars, but either way he's an abomination to the already-not-great Star Wars lore. I still have no idea why that motivated Jeff Cork to print out a picture of Stinky and post it on the support column by his desk, though. He's a weird guy – which is about to become a recurring refrain.

Strange Curio #5: Reserved Farting Sign
Before they bulldozed the G.I. parking lot to build yet another apartment condo for yuppies, Kyle stole one of our old parking signs and hung it on his desk. It didn't take long for the mysterious office prankster to modify the sign for a cheap laugh, but ultimately the joke was on us – Kyle has been farting nonstop ever since, because according to him, "The sign says I can." He's the worst.

Strange Curio #6: Broken Zelda Statue
Kyle also has what is apparently a rare Zelda statue, which I accidentally broke because he insists on balancing it on the very edge of his desk. I mean, it was really inconsiderate of him to put me in that position – you can imagine the stress I felt after I broke it! Even worse, he didn't even thank me after I fixed it for him! Talk about rude.

Strange Curio #7: Autographed Chewbacca Picture...s?!
As if being rude and farty isn't enough, Kyle is also super weird. Case in point: He has not just one, but TWO autographed pictures of Chewbacca hanging on his wall. I don't think he even knows it's just an actor in a suit – whenever someone asks about them, he always says "My friend Chewie signed them." I don't have the heart to tell him Wookiees don't actually exist.

Coming Up Next: More inexplicable items from my co-workers' desks...



from www.GameInformer.com - The Feed http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/10/27/funny-to-a-point-23-strange-curios-from-the-game-informer-office.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment