Friday 2 March 2018

Weekend Warrior – The Big 3-0-0

Unlike the frozen tundra that was Minneapolis last weekend, this Saturday looks to be mostly crispy-clear skies and cooler temps. The environment is undoubtedly catering the weather around Game Informer's big 300th issue celebration. If you're in the Minneapolis area on Saturday then we'd love to see you anytime between noon and 11 p.m. at the Fulton Brewery Taproom, 414 North 6th Ave. Aside from the party, we're also playing Yakuza, Fortnite, Red Dead Redemption, and watching the Oscars. Tell us what you're up to this weekend as well.

Jon Bowman (@MrGameAndWrite) – I'm taking a day trip up north to play Fortnite with some buddies and create Ultra MegaDen (trademarked). Other than that, I'll be going to Game Informer's 300th magazine shindig (which you totally should come to if you're in the Minneapolis area).

Robbie Key (@RobbieKeyV) – I'm not sure if it's because I'm feeling homesick for my great state of Texas, but I began playing Red Dead Redemption – not necessarily for the first time – this week and will likely continue that this weekend. I'm not terribly far into it, but I'm already enjoying the atmosphere and surroundings much more than I GTA's. I also plan to get crunk at Game Informer's 300th issue celebration. And by "get crunk" I mean showing up to the party promptly and having one beer ... the entire time.

Imran Khan (@imranzomg) – This weekend is the same as every weekend: Monster Hunter World and Dragon Ball FighterZ. My backlog cries out in pain every time I launch a new game and the PS4 tells me that it would require closing Monster Hunter first and I think to myself "I wonder if I saved?" and then go to check and play for two hours. If I can escape from the game's clutches, I'll probably farm halos in Bayonetta 2 and try to stream the Rodin fight.

Brian Shea (@BrianPShea) – This weekend, I'm wrapping up Celeste, which I went from thinking was good to thinking is awesome during the final few worlds. In addition to a healthy dose of Overwatch, I'll also try and get closer to wrapping up Pokémon Omega Ruby so I can move on to some new things.

Joey Thurmond (@DrJoeystein) – I defied the Sisters of Fate in God of War II and have begun my slaughter of the last gods in God of War III. The sequel turned out to be a refined, more focused experience than the first game, and the third is already reeling me in with its gorgeous presentation and stellar boss battles. Besides checking out the Game Informer 300th issue celebration as well, I'll be relaxing this weekend with some books and catching up with friends.

Leo Vader (@leovader) – I'll be helping out with the big Game Informer 300 stream tomorrow! Then spending some quality time with the Miss and hopefully getting some Siege time in on Sunday. I got my first interrogation with Cav yesterday, so I imagine most of my time will be spent trying to chase that high, much to the chagrin of my teammates.

Suriel Vazquez (@SurielVazquez) – I've been dipping my toes into Hearthstone and while I'm enjoying it, I'm still iffy on whether I'm going to commit to it long-term. We'll see. I'm also marathoning through Yakuza: Kiwami, and while I still don't like the combat (it always feels like it's either braindead or reliant on non-intuitive counters), but the story has hooked me as thoroughly as 0's, so I'm all in at this point. I'll probably squeeze some Dragon Ball FighterZ in as well.

Kristin Williams (@kristincreate) – [Insert gi-300-party.gif here] And watching the Oscars.



from www.GameInformer.com - The Feed http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/03/02/weekend-warrior-the-big-300.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment