Saturday 27 January 2018

Reader Discussion – When Was The Last Time You Branched Out?

As we get our older, our habits tend to calcify. We know what we like and don't like, and it can be difficult to throw ourselves at new experiences in good faith. This happens with games, as well. but those habits don't have to stay the same forever. To that end, we want to know: When was the last time you branched out with your gaming tastes?

My most recent example is Doki Doki Literature Club. I'm not usually a big visual novel guy unless the name "Ace Attorney" is somewhere in it, so even as I heard all the great things about it last year, I stayed away. As Game Informer's game-of-the-year discussion began springing up and I heard no one mention it, I decided I'd give it a shot just to see if we weren't missing something. Lo and behold, it's one of my favorite games of last year. I don't think I'll venture into the world of visual novels, though, since I think a lot of what I like about DDLC is how it subverts the tropes of its genre, so I think one that played it straight wouldn't do it for me. Still, I'm happy I took the risk.

So when did you branch out? Will Monster Hunter: World be your first foray into the series? Are you Dragon Ball fan who's going to give fighting games a chance with FighterZ? Let us know!



from www.GameInformer.com - The Feed http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/01/27/reader-discussion-when-was-the-last-time-you-branched-out.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment