Thursday 2 February 2017

Blog Herding – The Best Blogs Of The Community (February 2, 2017)

We're a month into 2017 with little to show for it in terms of new releases. Fear not, however; from a headset review to video game pets worth owning, Blog Herding still has your content hunger covered.

Community Blogs For January 26 – February 1:

The Miraculous Path to the Super Bowl for my Player in Madden 17 (Part 3 – The Super Bowl)
I don't play many sports games, but like Refle I have led my very own player to the promised land. Just not the Super Bowl; I'm talking the English Premier League crown and Champions League glory. Like our blogger, I revel in the highs and lows of the title charge, and creating my own story.

Good Headphones and Modmics: The Perfect Combo for Gamers
Mada Midun is here to write about headphones and gaming. Of note is how nice it is to keep cracking gunfire, booming soundtracks, and the screams of enemies away from house mates who may not be so fond of the noise. In this blog, Mada recommends a headset that might be the one for you.

So I Wrote Something About Dead Space Real Quick
Taking a speed-dating approach, airbornebovine decided to write this blog without thinking it through that much. For just spitting out words, our blogger does a pretty good job of capturing what makes the horror classic (goodness we're all getting old) work so well.

Video Game Pets I Want to Own
Haley Shipley sucks you in with the cute puppies, but then sneaks a kind of scary creature into this blog that makes me rethink what a pet should be. The one entry I'd love to see happen more than any other is Pokémon. I just want to chill with my cat and bulbasaur.

One Man's Thoughts: The Technomancer
It's like Attackcobra read my mind with this blog. For months I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should buy this game at the $20 price. I'm a huge fan of Spiders, and believe the developer could do something magical with a bigger staff and budget. Unfortunately, Technomancer is yet another game from the developer that struggles to be anything more than mediocre to our blogger. 

What is Fueling the Massive Growth of Online Gaming?
Mada Midun is back with one more blog. This time it's about the growth of online gaming. While I don't play many games that fit the blog's examples, I do purchase more and more digital versions of games. It's just cheaper and saves me some shelf space.

Writing Challenge:

I've been playing a bit of Yakuza 0 this week, and it got me to thinking of Japanese games. Not just games released in Japan, but ones that really show off the culture. Write about some of your favorite games to use Japanese culture.

I hope you enjoy the blogs! Please contact me via my Game Informer page or on Twitter at @LouisGarcia12 with any blog news or playdate suggestions.



from www.GameInformer.com - The Feed http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/02/02/blog-herding-the-best-blogs-of-the-community-february-2-2017.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment